1. GRI and SDGs are more widely used, SDG adoption is catching on
More companies refer to the SDGs than last year, 70% vs. 56%. At the same time, adoption of the GRI reporting framework has increased as well, 59% vs. 49%. The trend towards wider acceptance of SDGs is ongoing.
2. Communicating sustainability performance needs more attention
Only 40% of organisations provide a brief summary of their sustainability achievements at the beginning of their reports.
3. Communication of performance data has increased but can still be improved
Compared to last year, more companies are reporting raw performance data (up to 61% vs 54%).
GHG emissions, renewable energy and supplier audits, average
Level of communication on absolute data – over all companies
4. Reporting of non-financial targets low overall
On average, only 43% of all companies communicate multiple, measurable non-financial targets.
5. Materiality communication can be expanded
54% of all companies rank and communicate materiality areas.